

Christmas is my favorite time of year and it is so disappointing to be missing out on all of the festivities of the season while up here in the hospital. I am so anxious to go home and decorate for Christmas and do some holiday baking. Kylie and I talk everyday about Christmas and what we will do when we get home. I really attempt to make home the focus of our conversations. Everyday, I remind her that she’s at the hospital so doctors can help her tummy get better and that we’ll go home when she gets stronger. We are very hopeful that she will be home by Christmas and we’d appreciate your continued prayers for Kylie’s physical strength.Kylie is doing really well with her ileostomy. She honestly doesn’t even seem to care or notice the bag. With all of the tubes and procedures she has been through, this seems like it is nothing to her. The ileostomy nurse comes in every day to give me a little teaching session so that I will know how to care for her when she goes home. I would compare the process of changing out the bag similar to changing a diaper, but even a little more unpleasant. As unpleasant as the circumstances might be for me, I must strive to be positive for Kylie. I was really dreading the first time I had to change the bag. However, with today being the third day of practice, it is only getting easier.
I have seen some good improvements in Kylie’s speech today. She’s been speaking much more clearly and putting 2-3 words together occasionally. Smiles haven’t been nearly as difficult to get lately and she’s continuing to support herself nicely in the sitting position. Behaviorally, she is still doing some weird things. However, I’m not too worried because the doctors don’t seem to be real worried. They seem to think that her behavior is as a result of her ICU stay as well as the medications she has been on. She’s had some trouble with wanting to put small toys in her mouth. This is so funny because even as a baby, she was never one to put things in her mouth. The way that she handles a toy reminds me of a baby who is just learning to hold a toy. She can’t grasp them very well and she drops them easily. With as sick as she’s been, I guess this shouldn’t be surprising to me. I am so grateful for the physical and occupational therapists who have been working with her daily.
8 comments:
The pictures are wonderful. It's great to see her sitting and smiling. We enjoy reading your blog each day. Madison, Mason, and Micah have enjoyed following and praying. I've been blessed by your dependence on God during this time. It's a great testimony and challenges me to appreciate each moment. I hope to get to visit soon. May it be Jesus that fills your cup so that everything that overflows from your life spill Jesus. I have to hold a cup under the faucet sometimes to remind myself that it is Christ I need. We send hugs!
The Moore family
It is so good to see Kylie, in pictures, smiling! Be encouraged! Jill, your strength through this whole deal has encouraged me-you are a wonderful testimony and an awesome Mom. Christmas is still two weeks away - I pray Kylie will be able to go home in this amount of time. Little people seem to recover faster than we do!
Love you all
The Fitzkes
Wow, What GREAT pic's!!!!!! Sounds like Kylie is progressing very well....even tho it probably seems like forever to all of you!!! Keeping you in our prayers! Praise God for your courage!!
with hope and prayers,
the schuermanns
Those pictures are just precious. What a sweet little girl. You guys have been through so much and I continue to pray and ask that God will strengthen Kylie to be home for Christmas. Know that you are loved. I really wish I could see you and give you a great big hug!
Love Karrie
It's so good to see Kylie sitting up and SMILING! How this picture warms my heart. We're hoping to come visit this weekend--Elena has caught a cold, so it might be a couple days. We're having the family over tomorrow night for Elena's birthday--can you believe she's almost one? Anyway, we are so thankful for all the progress with Kylie and we will continue to pray for your concerns. I'm amazed at all the LORD has done in these past weeks. To Him be the glory. We love you guys! Give Kylie a big hug from all of us.
Love, Chris and Jenny
I am in awe over these pictures. Kylie has made such progress from even Tuesday when I visited. You have to be encouraged and delighted with what the Lord has done this week. I can't image the struggle for home and somewhat "normal" days. If you need any help once you are home give me a call. I would love to help in any way. Christmas happens even when the house isn't decorated and the baking isn't finished. This will be a Christmas to remember I am sure. God Bless!
Stacey Bracker
WOW! Kylie looks wonderful. Orion who has been asking to see her pictures most days says "That's good, that our Kylie is not sick anymore!" when he saw these.
We will keep praying for her that she will get stronger and stronger and home by Christmas.
Love you guys,
Caryn
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SMILE!! So glad to see that picture. You are both stronger than I could ever be watching this process with your baby. Thanks for updating every day so we feel like we are right there with you! We love you 4!!
Tim and Tonya
Post a Comment