Monday, June 1, 2009

Dismissed Late Last Night

Kylie had an incredible day yesterday. We were given permission to get her off the floor and I am amazed how that encouraged and inspired her. First of all, we took her down to the cafeteria to get some breakfast in her pink car. It was such a beautiful morning that we ate out on the patio. Then we rode around the lobby area and had her try to walk for the first time. She was quite hesitant but walked hunched over for a short distance. She was so cute--she knew that she was walking funny and so she said, "I walk like a duck". Kaycee and I got a good laugh out of that one. It was so incredibly refreshing to get her out of her room and to see her spirit lifted.

Late morning, they completely took her off of her morphine and put her on Tylenol with codine. They also put her on a regular diet, so she ate just a bit for lunch. She had a great three-hour nap in the afternoon which she desperately needed.

That evening, Kaycee's parents and Carson came to visit. We took her out again and wow, was she ready to get movin'. She wanted to walk everywhere all by herself--a huge change from that morning. Kaycee was the one who said, "I think she's ready to go home". With her great improvements, I was sure they would be fine with sending her home on Monday, but I wasn't even thinking about anytime before then. Well, we asked and they okayed it. The change in her personality, appetite, and physical strength was unbelievable from Saturday to Sunday. The Lord is so good. What evidence he hears our prayers! We were home by a little after 10pm last night. I was so glad that Kaycee could help us move back home.

We all slept great last night. It was so so good to be back in our own beds. So far, Kylie has had a wonderful morning. She's been up and around and playing. She's so happy to be home! She just asked to go up to bed and have a nap, so I just tucked her in. I hope that she will nap good today as she is so sleep deprived. Carson is still with Kaycee's parents, so I will just be playing catch-up today around the house and we'll probably go and get him tonight.

Thank you to all of you again for supporting us in another one of our crisis! Oh how the Lord has blessed us with such wonderful friends and family!

5 comments:

Mary Ann Enns said...

We are so grateful to hear this splendid news of Kylie's rapid recovery. Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Praise God you are all home again and Kylie is doing well! Laurie Eisenmenger

Elissa said...

Great news, Jill! We've been praying for Kylie. Praise God for his healing!

Anonymous said...

I hate to say I lost track of this link so didn't check it until just today, my goodness.....what an ordeal! Lets pray Ohio comes quickly and with positive results!!
Still praying!
Tim and Tonya

Aunt Norma said...

I hadn't checked your website for awhile either, but I'm so glad I checked it tonight. I'm just so sorry that little Kylie continues to struggle. I pray that she can get an appointment in Ohio soon. Nonetheless, I'm so grateful that this last crisis seems to have passed.