Sorry for the delay in this update. It has been nutty around here. I will relieve all of you and let you know that we are home. We arrived home around 7 pm last night. Yesterday, I was nearly ready to publish a blog update I don't know how many times and then doctors would come in and completely change the plan of action. Yesterday, we saw numerous doctors from surgery and GI, each saying something different as to what they thought was going on inside Kylie. Everything got very complicated with all of these different opinions. What it comes down to is this: no one really knows what is going on inside of Kylie. Doctors are puzzled. I won't even begin to bore you with all of their speculations. Yesterday morning began with doctors orders to not let Kylie eat anything, start an IV, as well as begin some IV antibiotics. By mid-afternoon, orders changed significantly: Kylie could eat anything on her lactose-free diet, they stopped the IV antibiotics, stopped the IV, and they mentioned the possibility of dismissal.
What it comes down to is this: I am just SO incredibly thankful that nothing incredibly serious became of this scary incident, that another operation was not necessary, and that we are home after a very short stay. Kylie remains one of all these doctors' biggest mysteries.
I will go ahead and keep these pictures in this post that I was planning on posting yesterday.
We had a salon in our hospital room this morning. Kylie requested that I paint her nails.

Letting the nails dry while watching "Beauty and the Beast".


We got a really great room this hospital stay. It looks out over Dodge street.
3 comments:
What a sweetheart. Little dainty nails and all. Oh we are just so thankful, that in spite of the confusion and mystery, she is home and doing well. May the arms of our Heavenly Father surround you all and heal whatever it is we can't explain. He is able!
So glad that you are all home again! Praying that God will completely heal Kylie of whatever is going on!
I'm so sorry that this is still such a mystery. We are praying for all of you and thankful that you are home now. Please continue to let us know how she is doing. Love, Cristy
Post a Comment