Monday, November 23, 2009

An Exhausting Past Month

It is definitely time for an update. I hardly know where to begin. This past month has been crazy and exhausting. Kylie is still on her TPN and not eating great. We also were having some major concerns with the function of her intestine in the first couple of weeks we were home. Things were just not moving through like we expected or like the doctor expected. However, it appears that the issue isn't a function issue but rather a psychological one. With all of the trauma of the past year, we are dealing with some issues of her wanting to hold everything in. However, the Lord is good and we have seen some really great progress in the past couple of weeks. I think it could be a long journey, but we are thankful for where we have come. However, on the brighter side of things, I am amazed at my happy, confident little girl. It has been so long since I've seen her as happy as she is!

We would appreciate your continued prayers for the return of Kylie's appetite. I never thought running Kylie's TPN at night could be so interrupting and exhausting. Although she is completely potty trained, everything runs right through her while she sleeps and so we are changing her every couple of hours. I have been trying to survive on about 3-4 hours of sleep a night for the past month. I know that being at the end of my pregnancy doesn't help the sleep issue either. I am so sleep-deprived that I've just felt sick this past week. Even when I have the opportunity to sleep--when Kaycee takes over--I can't ever seem to fall into a deep sleep. I would truly appreciate your prayers for good rest as I've been forced to train my body to wake up constantly and am now having difficulty breaking this routine and sleeping at night.

4 comments:

Mark and Cristy said...

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear this. We will definitely be in prayer for you to get some really good rest...for your sake, and the baby's! And for Kylie to continue to heal, both physically and psychologically. Bless her sweet little heart. -cristy

Jennifer Buettner said...

I didn't know you were pregnant again! Congrats! i will be praying for you and your baby and your family! Kylie is such a sweet, adorable little girl!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Mary Ann Enns said...

May the angels attend you in sleep dear Jill. Our hearts go out to you in this extremity of conditions. We are thankful for the smiles on that little Princess face. May God continue the healing.

Karrie T. said...

Can't wait to see the pictures of this sweet new arrival :)