Thursday, October 29, 2009

So Good to be Home

We are home at last and are so thankful. Yesterday was such a long day of waiting and finishing up on all of my training. We were dismissed about 5pm. I was really anxious about getting Kylie all hooked up to her pump last night. My mom graciously came out to help and support me. It all ended up going really well. Kylie has a twelve hour infusion of her nutrition from about 8pm-8am. It is quite involved to get everything ready and hooked up, but I know that it will only get easier each time I do it. This morning, she is doing well. She's been resting some and playing some. Carson is still at Opa and Oma's and they will keep him for just another day or two so we can get used to Kylie's pump and get settled once again here at home. Kylie has an appointment tomorrow morning with Dr. A. He will be the one overseeing her labs and nutrition until we are off of the TPN and lipids.

Again, we cannot express how thankful we have been for all of your prayer support. The Lord has sustained us through the past two weeks and we will continue to trust Him with Kylie's future. Will try to post updates here and there to let you know how she's doing.

3 comments:

Mary Ann Enns said...

Oh home looks so good, doesn't it. And good for you Jill for adding to your medical skills. I'm sure you'll do well at hooking all this up but it must seem daunting. I am so thankful that your sweet Dolly is home and progressing. May God continue healing her body. We love you all.

Tom & Cindy said...

Again and again, you encourage our faith as we see yours lived out in such a bold, bald way. Your dependence on the Lord to comfort and sustain you through this whole process has been a wonderful testimony to your living faith. The Lord has given you a beautiful heart for your children and for one another. As I read Psalm 121 today I am reminded of you: "I lift my eyes to the hills. For where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved;...the Lord is your shade on your right hand...The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore." As I think of this verse I am reminded again of the people in Uganda, amidst their suffering, they see God as their "shade." This is a common statement. There was something about these words that always gave a beautiful picture of dependence, of expectantcy, of true trust that warmed one's heart and gave one shared comfort in the Source of comfort. Thank you for your messages on this blog that keep us in touch with the Lord's mighty Hand upon your lives. Your testimony is precious and powerful to affect lives. May the Lord use this in mighty ways. Love, Tom & Cindy

lilly said...

Psalms 46v9 has been my favourite, Be still and know that I am God, being still means not to despair when things are not going your way but keep holding on in prayer. He is Awesome and we thank you for your testimonies