



Kylie is doing great this morning. She is having good output from her ileostomy. What wonderful reassurance that is to me that everything is working properly. Emotionally, we continue to see such good things happening. Kylie's personality and obedience is all coming back. When I think back to how things were only 2-3 weeks ago, I am utterly amazed at what an awesome God we have who hears our prayers. Three weeks ago, I was almost ready to lose my mind. I was honestly beginning to wonder if Kylie's issues were going to be permanent. It was very scary. I seriously felt like I had two special-needs children. As most of you know, Carson was born with microcephaly and to describe it simply, his brain is not growing (although he is doing extremely well for his diagnosis). We love him to pieces and he is so much fun. However, put the two of them together and it was chaotic. With the Kylie’s behavioral issues, she was more than a handful. I could not take my eyes off of her for more than one minute or she was destroying something. I could actually trust Carson way more than I could Kylie. It is usually the opposite. Here’s a glimpse of how crazy life was here one afternoon…Kylie found gum in Kaycee’s desk and started stuffing it into her mouth. Next minute, she’s yanking the return address labels out of the dispenser. Then she’s in the kitchen completely cleaning out one of the cabinets and throwing everything on the floor, then she’s unwrapping gifts under the tree, then she’s into my cleaning supplies, then she’s taking ornaments off the tree, and then I finally see her sitting quietly in the family room by her toys. Oh, what a relief, she’s finally playing so nicely—so I think. Little did I know, she was unraveling the end of her ileostomy bag and draining the contents onto our nice, only three year old carpet. I was nearly ready to lose it. It all really happened this fast, one thing right after another. I’d be cleaning up one mess and she’d be working on another. Life is much different in our household today! Kylie can be trusted again and I have my little helper back. We have SO much to be thankful for! Thank you again for praying for our family. I know that there are so many of you praying, many of you whom I do not know or have not met. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
10 comments:
Jill,
So happy to hear that things are much better! The pictures are adorable! Praise God for the recovery he has granted Kylie. Thanks for keeping us all posted. Reading your craziness from a couple of weeks ago makes me tired just reading it :) You are such a great mom! Hope to talk to you soon, Karrie
Dear Jill, These pictures are so precious. It is good to see Kylie smiling again! Love, bryn
Whew! I would have lost it a long time ago! Your faith through this journey with Kylie is a wonderful testimony! I will continue to pray for healing for Kylie and strength for the rest of you!!! God Bless!!!
Deb Gerdts
Oh Jill, what a ride. We praise the Lord with you that He hears and answers prayers. How good it is to see Kylie with just a sweet smile and precious Carson.
Love, Janelle
Dear Jill,
I cannot begin to imagine what you have gone through these last months. I am amazed by your journey and your family. We are friends of Kris and Amy, but Barb Pierce first told us about your precious daughter. I pray that you will continue to be upheld and that Kylie will be healed. Do not be terrified. Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
Peace to you,
Thad and Teresa Mott
Those pictures are just priceless. We are so glad that this ... another huge hurdle ... has been crossed. We hope it will be the last in this very difficult journey, until you can get the final diagnosis and treatment in a few months. Hugs.
We'll continue to keep you guys in prayer. It was great to get a "high five" from Carson at church this morning. I really missed those!!
Pastor Jim
I am so glad to hear things are going better! We will continue to pray for Kylie and for you and Kaycee. I pray these obstructions stay away and that Kylie continues to heal. It is so good to see her sweet smile in the photos!
Elissa
Wow! The pictures tell it all! What a joy to see her smiling again! I can hardly imagine what you've been through in the past few months. Let's hope things continue to improve day by day. You are still in our prayers.
She looks so beautiful and how great to hear she's back to her old self!
Maralee
Post a Comment