Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Thankful To Be Home

We just made it home a little bit ago. I sure wish I could have updated all of you sooner, but I didn't have time to grab my computer. We sat in the ER last night until about 3:00 am. The x-ray of her abdomen looked "terrible" last night, as were the words of her doctor. The pediatric surgeon said that she looked great for as bad as the x-ray looked. They started her up on IV fluids there in the ER and then admitted her. There was talk of putting an ng tube in. However, thankfully they opted not to. Thank you Lord! Kylie and I slept for about three hours until morning rounds began. This morning, her x-ray was unbelievably better. They put her back on a regular diet and told us that as long as she was doing well, they would let us go home today. Dr. Abdessalam was very honest with us and told us that he couldn't explain what happened or give us a reason as to why this happened. Apparently, there must have been some sort of an obstruction that resolved itself. We are so thankful for our very brief stay. However, I am definitely struggling with fears of this happening again. We will continue to rest in the hands of our Almighty God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kaycee and Jill,

I bet you are fearful of what could happen and anxiously fret about Kylie. I look at you two and am amazed at the grace the Lord has given you to withstand all of this. One of my favorite "anxious verses" is Isaiah 41:10

Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

We are continuing to lift all of you up to the throne of our sovereign and loving Savior.

Pastor Jim

Anonymous said...

Kaycee and Jill,

I've been praying for your strength and for Kylie to be healed. You both have amazing faith right now. I really admire your endurance during this difficult time. I'm so happy to see that Kylie is back home again. I will continue to be thankful in prayer and pray for continued good health.
Jen