Friday, January 2, 2009

We're Home Once Again!

We are SO thankful to be home!! I wish I could have posted sooner, but it's been a little crazy. On Tuesday night, I had a really bad headache and so Kaycee told me to take Carson home and get a good night's rest while he stayed with Kylie. Unfortunately, that headache turned into the stomach flu. I felt so awful on Wednesday that I couldn't even take care of Carson, so Kaycee's parents graciously took Carson for the day. Kylie was dismissed about noon on Wednesday. My mom drove Kaycee and Kylie home since I had driven the van home the night before. I don't know what we would do without our families! I am feeling much better today and Kylie's doing GREAT! We are SO pleased with her progress. Emotionally and behaviorally, we have seen such improvements. She is such a different little girl now than she was right before her second surgery. We can only give credit to our Heavenly Father! There is no doubt, we will still have some re-training, but not nearly to the extent that I thought we might. I hope to post some more pictures soon and will continue to keep all of you updated, especially as we approach the motility testing in Ohio towards the end of the summer.

9 comments:

bel said...

I'm so happy for your family! Feel better, soon, Jill! Love, Bryn.

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! We are so glad to hear that you are all home. We are thankful too, for the helpful family that you have close by. We will keep praying for all of you -physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Love, The Weitzenkamp 5

Lisa said...

We are just so so so thankful for this news ... in every way. Now dear Jill, I hope that you can take some moments for yourself too. We are all concerned for your health as well through all this difficult journey. You take care of Mama too. God bless you four!

Mary Ann Enns said...

Sorry I posted as "Lisa" as she had been using my computer. Well ... it is from both of our hearts anyway!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Jill! You are going to need a mental health retreat day after all of this settles down! Please take care of yourself! LUV TO ALL!!
Tim and Tonya

Anonymous said...

So GRATEFUL that Kylie is doing better physically and EMOTIONALLY!!...and will continue to pray for all of you ... to be healthy and well!!!
with love and hope,
schuermanns

Anonymous said...

Jill and Kaycee, I have been praying for Kylie and rejoice with you that she is home again. Your commitment to giving God praise in your blog throughout this ordeal has been a real testimony to me. I needed to be reminded of where to place my faith and hope through the trials in my own life. One way I get my eyes back on Jesus is to read/sing the old hymns during my quiet time. This one really spoke to me this morning.

Day by day and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,
I've no cause for worry or for fear.
He whose heart is kind beyond all measure
Gives unto each day what He deems best-
Lovingly, its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.

Every day the Lord Himself is near me
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear, and cheer me,
He whose name is Counsellor and Power.
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
"As your days, your strength shall be in measure,"
This the pledge to me He made.

Help me then in every tribulation
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith's sweet consolation
Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E'er to take, as from a father's hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till I reach the promised land.

Deuteronomy 33:25
As thy days, so shall thy strength be

Unknown said...

So happy to hear that Kylie is doing so much better. Know that you continue to be in our prayers. It was good to see you in church Sunday. Lots of hugs sent your way. Love, The Schafersman's

Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you in church on Sunday!! Blessing for sure, I am so thankful Kylie has such wonderful parents and family to help her recover safely and quickly. Prayers are still making their way up for you all.
the Ruwes