It seems that this past week has been kind of an emotional roller-coaster. One moment I am thinking that things are going much better and then the next, I am so concerned. Sorry that these updates all revolve around poop--not very pleasant to write about or read about. But in order to help you understand what exactly is going on with her intestine, I feel I have no other option. I was getting really worried last week as Kylie's abdominal distension was increasing, she was not pooping, and not eating well. Then all of a sudden over this past weekend, she started eating super good and began having some bowel movements. I was just so sure that her x-ray this morning had to look improved over last Monday's. However, that was not the case. Kylie's x-ray this morning looked terrible. It showed that her intestine was full of stool and gas. I'm sure that Dr. Abdessalam is ready to throw his hands up and say he doesn't know what else to do for us. I know that he has to be frustrated. However, his next plan is to contact the doctor who did Kylie's motility testing in Ohio and see if they have any more insight. In the mean-time, we will just be waiting to hear from him. We would sure appreciate your prayers for both of these doctors--that they would be able to come to a diagnosis for Kylie or that they would be able to lead us in the right direction. Another prayer request of ours is that we might be able to come to the end of all of this by the beginning of January when our baby is due.
I should also mention that Kylie seems to be feeling great, which is a huge blessing. She doesn't complain of tummy aches or doesn't ever seem to feel uncomfortable. She never did as a baby either and I have no idea how she didn't just feel so irritable and miserable. I would just about get miserable for her by looking at her huge tummy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jill, My word, I will keep praying for Kylie. What a roller coaster. I'm sure this all seems very overwhelming at times. I pray calmness over your times of anxiety. Love ya, Karrie
Post a Comment